A bit more Huda

When I published my last post about Huda Beauty, it was clear to me that I'll be purchasing more of her products, and the time has come to share them with you.
In the last 3 months or so, slowly but surly, Sephora Spain has started bringing more and more holiday collections from different brands, including of course Huda, and it was not easy to choose what to buy. 
My guideline though has always been asking myself the question: "Will I be sorry later on about not buying it"? Because holiday collections are usually limited addition, and they are always so special and tempting...
And this question made me buy, for example, 2 of the lip sets. They were just to beautiful to chose just one.




Huda Beauty





Obsessions palette
Mauve

I have to admit that when I first heard about the launch of these 4 small eyeshadow palettes, I felt quite frustrated. As you know, I already own her 2 other large eyeshadow palettes, and seeing that now 4 small and much more practical were coming made me feel like I maybe shouldn't have bought the big ones.

But there's no point in crying over spilled milk and I decided to choose just one. Of course Sephora Spain made it easier for me by only bringing 2 of the 4 to Spain..

Obsessions palette


First of all, this palette is tiny. and I really mean tini tiny.
The mauve one contains 6 pigmented mattes and 3 shimmers in dusty rose and plummy hues colors and I really like the color scheme it offers.
I should point out that the eyeshadows apply on much better than they swatch, although much like the 2 big Huda Beauty eyeshadow palettes, they are not very easy to work with and a few of the eyeshadows are too dry, which of course makes them harder to apply and blend. 
So in a beauty market filled with gorgeous eyeshadow palettes, I feel Huda Beauty seriously needs to up their eyeshadow game.



Obsessions palette



Swatches:

Obsessions palette




Winter solstice highlighter palette

Winter solstice highlighter palette


When I first saw this palette online I was certain I was going to skip it, first because I already have sooo many highlighter palettes, and second because I usually don't like palettes that contain both cream and powder products since it's a recipe for a mess. 
However, when it finally arrived at Sephora, I took one look at it and put it in my basket. 
It is beautiful.
The stunning packaging is an added bonus, but the inside is what counts and the inside is simply spectacular.



Winter solstice highlighter palette


Frosted Kiss, which is the pearlescent creamy one of the four, is perfect to use on it's on or as a base for the other 3. It has this beautiful iridescent pink pearl shift to it and it "plays well" with the foundation under it, without shifting or lifting it. 
Arctic Glow, Northern Lights and Winter Rose are quite dense in texture so a more heavy brush is needed here in order to get their full pigmentation, unlike the soft Becca highlighters for example.
I love this palette and happy I've waited and didn't purchase the previous 3 highlighter palettes Huda launched, I think this is the most beautiful and special one of them all.



Swatches:

Winter solstice highlighter palette





The next 2 lip sets were irresistible to me and thanks again, Sephora Spain, for making the decision easier for me by bringing only 2 of the 5 lip sets that were launched in the US.
The set comes in a gorgeous lips like tin box, and I love it when brands create such a useful packaging that doesn't find its way to the trash bin after I took out the products.

Contour & strobe set
Trendsetter & Snobby

Trendsetter & Snobby


Out of the 2 sets this one is my least favorite. Something in the Trendsetter consistency is different and it's very thin and watery. Not my cup of tea.. The lip contour and the lip strobe however, are beautiful.
The lip contour is a perfect brown and its durability is outstanding, and the lip strobe is a gorgeous shiny pink that flatters various lipstick colors.



Swatches:

Trendsetter & Snobby




Contour & strobe set
Trophy wife & Shameless

Trophy wife & Shameless


This set is simply perfection to me. Trophy wife is the ultimate cool berry color and the combination with Shameless lip strobe gives your lips that beautiful shiny blushing color that no one can ignore. If you are able to get your hands on this one- do not hesitate!



Swatches:

Trophy wife & Shameless



I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what 2018 holds for this brand, no doubt there's a lot to come and my only hope is that it'll be worth buying!



Comments